Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jill and Her One Eye


Do you have GPS unit? We do. Her name is Jill and she is a one eyed wonder. And what I wonder is why I ever listen to her. There have been more times that she has gotten us where we needed to go than not. However, she has also tried to KILL US!
Once while driving over a trestle bridge in West Virginia, she told us to turn right... in the middle of the bridge... which would have resulted in being plunged to our deaths hundreds of feet below.
Another time we were on the Kentucky side of the Ohio river and she told us to turn left onto the pier and take the ferry across the river. There was no pier in sight and certainly no ferry. There was however, a 10 foot drop off into some dirt and weeds below. Fortunately we didn't listen to her that time either. It does keep you on your toes. No mindlessly following the instructions here.
She also has an attitude! There is just a certain tone in her voice when she says, "recalculating", when ever you don't make the turn she instructs you to take. Sometimes I like to act like I'm jealous and ask DH if "we HAVE to let Jill go along"? Once I did that in front of the assistants, Elder C. said, "Sister Robbins I think you should get a GPS unit, and you can name him Frank". I just had to laugh!
Have a Lovely Day~
Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, that's funny. I guess I will probably get one of those things one of these days, but I use to be driven crazy by a car that had a voice that would say, "Put on your seat belt"! I do use my seat belt. Hello!! I don't like being nagged by inanimate objects.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell DH that our Emily gets "testy" when she has to recalculate more than twice in a row -- he thinks I'm imagining it -- but I'm not . . .

    ReplyDelete