Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sooooo tired of winter!!!

OK, so I think we've all had about enough winter. I tried dressing for spring, it doesn't work! So I started looking at my yard pictures. AHHH Green! I started this yard renovation in 04 and worked on it until 07, when I turned it over to our son and his wife and we left Utah and came on our adventure to Ohio. So here is the front yard with the new plantings, a cedar, red osier dogwood and bridal veil are in the kidney shaped planter close to the sidewalk. The tree by the front door is actually a sand cherry bush that I trimmed into a tree, because I wanted something there that would only get that big and had some color.
Here is the close-up as it all started to bloom. The bleeding hearts are a mothers day gift from the kids.
Here is my refuge where I go for some "swing therapy". You know I can never hear the phone ring when I am sitting there ;-) Love Love Love the smell of the Lilacs!!!
Here is my herb garden just as the perennials are coming up. Still needs lots of annuals to fill in. This is just to the left of the swing. Isn't the Lollipop crab apple topiary cute? Another Mothers Day Gift from the kids.
A side picture of the front porch. Chrissy begged me not to trim he ivy back, but it was taking over the porch and starting to reach out and grab people! OK now I'm feeling better, hope you do too.
Have a Lovely Day~
Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alicia! I was thinking about you today and so happy you came back to my blog to visit! So nice to meet you! Your home in Utah is beautiful! I LOVE your landscaping! You are an inspiration to me! When do you return home? Isn't it 3 years that a Mission President serves? You are so blessed to have this honor to serve the Lord in this way! I am sure the missionaries love you and your husband to pieces! My son-in-law served in your misson 13 years ago. He loved it there. Please keep in touch and I will do the same!

    Hugs,
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love the swing in the corner nestled in with the lilac. That would be my safe haven as well. All that would be needed is a cold glass of lemonade or tea and I'd be set.

    ReplyDelete